Saturday, August 13, 2011

Children's Book Review: The Bears' Picnic

Name of Book: The Bears' Picnic
Author / Illustrator: Written and illustrated by Stan and Jan Berenstain
What It's All About: Papa Bear takes the bear family all across the land for a picnic but every picnic spot has something dreadfully wrong with it: mosquitoes, noisy crowds, planes, rains...Will the Bear family ever find a good place to have a picnic?
My Favorite Bit: The way the mosquitoes are drawn are amazing, I love picking out which is our favorite food each time we get to the big picnic scene, I love the way the food is drawn when they're on top of the mountain about to eat (so yummy) and my favorite is yelling, "KABLAMMO!" with the kids when the lightning hits.
Suitable Age For Reading It To: These bears are for everyone.  Each page rhymes and has short verses, the characters are simply and brightly drawn, and the story is easy for all ages to understand and connect with.  From two to fifty before you should probably read it with your Grandkids so as not to seem odd (though I would probably read this by myself at fifty with a cup of tea). 
Go Get It: The Bears' Picnic in hardback at Amazon US
A Little About The Author / Illustrator: Check out my little blurb about the Berenstains on this earlier review HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment